Topics

PGC 143 Wolf-Lundmark-Melotte

Gregg Ruppel

Hi

PGC 143 is a barred irregular galaxy at the edge of the Local Group.  It is also designated as Wolf-Lundmark-Melotte.

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/pgc143-LRGB.jpg

LRGB, 8.8 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico.  I had to discard quite a few images due to passing clouds and lots of bright satellite trails.

Nice image. Maybe a little over sharpened. It looks a little noisy in the outer parts of the galaxy. Thanks for sharing. I have never seen this one before.

Bernard

PGC 143 is a barred irregular galaxy at the edge of the Local Group.  It is also designated as Wolf-Lundmark-Melotte.

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/pgc143-LRGB.jpg

LRGB, 8.8 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico.  I had to discard quite a few images due to passing clouds and lots of bright satellite trails.

Yeah...I thought it looked a bit noisy until I compared to the ESO VLT image:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/01/The_WLM_galaxy_on_the_edge_of_the_Local_Group.jpg

Gregg,