Topics

Not Taken @DSNM But Cool Nonetheless

Brian Ottum

https://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=169681

I did an extreme closeup of an early Leonid so you can see the persistent train form weird shapes as it dissipates.  Kinda like a “smoky contrail.”  From a timelapse video I shot here in Michigan a couple days ago.  The Leonid meteor shower peaks this coming Tuesday morning.

Brian,

Really neat capture.

Thanks for posting,

I did an extreme closeup of an early Leonid so you can see the persistent train form weird shapes as it dissipates.  Kinda like a “smoky contrail.”  From a timelapse video I shot here in Michigan a couple days ago.  The Leonid meteor shower peaks this coming Tuesday morning.

Cool....what’s the time scale?  Seems like the train lasts a while.  Thanks for sharing.

On Nov 14, 2020, at 3:48 PM, Brian Ottum <ottum@...> wrote:

https://spaceweathergallery.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=169681

I did an extreme closeup of an early Leonid so you can see the persistent train form weird shapes as it dissipates.  Kinda like a “smoky contrail.”  From a timelapse video I shot here in Michigan a couple days ago.  The Leonid meteor shower peaks this coming Tuesday morning.

Very cool Brian. I would not have wanted to be in a plane near that thing when it went by 😊

Bernard