Topics

NGC 7822 (Sh2-171)

It took me a little over a month to find a few clear nights to gather the data for NGC 7822, a large emission nebula in Cepheus (also Sh2-171, Ced 214).  The small cluster just above center is Berk 59, consisting of about 40 stars:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc7822-LHaRGB.jpg

Ha only:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc7822-Ha.jpg

Image data here (along with some older renditions):
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/ngc7822.html

Excellent color and detail. This makes a great narrowband image too if you get the time.

It took me a little over a month to find a few clear nights to gather the data for NGC 7822, a large emission nebula in Cepheus (also Sh2-171, Ced 214). The small cluster just above center is Berk 59, consisting of about 40 stars:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc7822-LHaRGB.jpg

Ha only:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc7822-Ha.jpg

Image data here (along with some older renditions):
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/ngc7822.html

Landon Boehm

Great shot Gregg.

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020, 5:13 PM Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:
Gregg,

Excellent color and detail. This makes a great narrowband image too if you get the time.

It took me a little over a month to find a few clear nights to gather the data for NGC 7822, a large emission nebula in Cepheus (also Sh2-171, Ced 214).  The small cluster just above center is Berk 59, consisting of about 40 stars:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc7822-LHaRGB.jpg

Ha only:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc7822-Ha.jpg

Image data here (along with some older renditions):
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/ngc7822.html

William McLaughlin

Looks nice!

I remember that one from several years ago. I did a narrow band mosaic that I spent something like 80 hours of exposure on.