Topics

NGC 7814 - The Little Sombrero Galaxy

This is an image of NGC 7814, also known as the Little Sombrero Galaxy due to its resemblance to the larger and more famous M104 (The Sombrero Galaxy). It is an edge on spiral galaxy about 40 million light years away in the constellation Pegasus. It is about 60,000 light years in diameter, the same size as M104, but looks smaller since it is further away. I always think of “danger Will Robinson” when I see this galaxy since it reminds me of the space ship in the original series.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC7814.htm

Never saw that before.  Very good.

Brian

This is an image of NGC 7814, also known as the Little Sombrero Galaxy due to its resemblance to the larger and more famous M104 (The Sombrero Galaxy). It is an edge on spiral galaxy about 40 million light years away in the constellation Pegasus. It is about 60,000 light years in diameter, the same size as M104, but looks smaller since it is further away. I always think of “danger Will Robinson” when I see this galaxy since it reminds me of the space ship in the original series.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC7814.htm

Image removed by sender. Avast logo