Topics

NGC 772

This is an image of NGC 772, also known as Arp 78. It is a spiral galaxy about 100 million light years away in the constellation Aries. This galaxy has a single outer spiral arm and its elliptical shape is most like due to gravitational tidal interactions. Faint streams of material connect NGC 772 with its companion galaxies NGC 770 and PGC 212884.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC772.htm

Bernard,

This is really nice. This is one of my favorite galaxies.

This is an image of NGC 772, also known as Arp 78. It is a spiral galaxy about 100 million light years away in the constellation Aries. This galaxy has a single outer spiral arm and its elliptical shape is most like due to gravitational tidal interactions. Faint streams of material connect NGC 772 with its companion galaxies NGC 770 and PGC 212884.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC772.htm

Excellent resolution and color saturation.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi,