Topics

NGC 6503

This is an image of NGC 6503. It is a field dwarf spiral galaxy about 17 million light years away in the constellation Draco. A field galaxy is one that does not belong to a galaxy group. This galaxy is located at the edge of what is called Th Local Void, which is a vast, empty region of space near the Local Group. It is a dwarf galaxy because it is only 30,000 light years in diameter, compared to 100,000 light years for our Milky Way galaxy.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://azstarman.net/CDK/NGC6503.htm

Bernard,

That’s great detail in a small galaxy.

Brian

This is an image of NGC 6503. It is a field dwarf spiral galaxy about 17 million light years away in the constellation Draco. A field galaxy is one that does not belong to a galaxy group. This galaxy is located at the edge of what is called Th Local Void, which is a vast, empty region of space near the Local Group. It is a dwarf galaxy because it is only 30,000 light years in diameter, compared to 100,000 light years for our Milky Way galaxy.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://azstarman.net/CDK/NGC6503.htm

Image removed by sender. Avast logo