Topics

NGC 5367

You would be forgiven if you thought this was a giant comet. It is in fact NGC 5367 and cometary globule CG12. NGC 5367 Is a reflection nebula about 2,000 light years away in the constellation Centaurus. It reflects the light from two massive blue stars. It is surrounded by cometary globule CG12, which is a dark nebula made up of gas and dust that appear to have a head and tail and resemble a comet.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC5367.htm

Cool...I love the brown dust in contrast to the  blue reflection nebula.  Thanks for sharing it.

Hi,