Topics

NGC 474 and 470 (Arp 227)

NGC 474 and 470 are interacting galaxies in Pisces, also cataloged as Arp 227 (galaxies with concentric rings):

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc474-LRGB.jpg

Inverted, cropped:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc474_crop.jpg

LRGB, about 5.5 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico

A great reference for Arp galaxies is "The Arp Atlas of Peculiar Galaxies" by Jeff Kanipe and Dennis Webb (from the now-defunct Willmann-Bell).

Beautiful. I have to put this one on my list.

Bernard