NGC 4157 and Arp 18

NGC 4157 and Arp 18 (NGC 4088) are two interesting galaxies about a degree apart, near the border of Ursa Major and Canes Venatici:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc4157_Arp18-LRGB.jpg

1.3X crop NGC 4157:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc4157-LRGBcrop.jpg

Arp 18, NGC 4088, "spiral with detached segments", 1.3X crop:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/Arp18-LRGBcrop.jpg

LRGB, 4.8 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico

Fantastic dynamic range, and two very interesting galaxies. I also enjoyed the rather bright and close binary star at the upper left.

NGC 4157 and Arp 18 (NGC 4088) are two interesting galaxies about a degree apart, near the border of Ursa Major and Canes Venatici:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc4157_Arp18-LRGB.jpg

1.3X crop NGC 4157:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc4157-LRGBcrop.jpg

Arp 18, NGC 4088, "spiral with detached segments", 1.3X crop:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/Arp18-LRGBcrop.jpg

LRGB, 4.8 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico

Great work Gregg. Love the color and the detail in the crop versions.