NGC 3718

This is an image of NGC 3718, also known as the Arp 214. It is either a lenticular or spiral galaxy. It has a warped S-shape that is most likely die to gravitational interaction with NGC 3729 seen in the upper left of the image.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC3718.htm

http://www.azstarman.net

Nice...I like the saturated color you achieved.  Thanks for sharing.

On Feb 12, 2021, at 3:45 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

This is an image of NGC 3718, also known as the Arp 214. It is either a lenticular or spiral galaxy. It has a warped S-shape that is most likely die to gravitational interaction with NGC 3729 seen in the upper left of the image.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC3718.htm

http://www.azstarman.net

Bernard,

Really nice detail in this one. I really like the polar ring galaxies.

This is another where colors are vastly different in images. I think I had asked you in the previous one your posted. Did you use the PI Photometric script to get the color ratios? Not using PI, I typically use G2V or APASS (AAVSO) stars and like the previous (maybe NGC 660), I don’t see any of the blue.

This is an image of NGC 3718, also known as the Arp 214. It is either a lenticular or spiral galaxy. It has a warped S-shape that is most likely die to gravitational interaction with NGC 3729 seen in the upper left of the image.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC3718.htm

http://www.azstarman.net

Another superb image, Bernard.  I enjoy examining all details inside the galaxies

MJ.

Hi,