Topics

NGC 3532

I don’t usually do open clusters, but this is a pretty cool one. This is an image of NGC 3532, also known as the Pincushion Cluster, Football Cluster, Black Arrow Cluster, and the Wishing Well Cluster. It is an open cluster about 1,300 light years away in the constellation Carina. It has 150 stars of 7th magnitude or fainter including seven red giants and seven white dwarfs. On 20 May 1990 it became the first target ever observed by the Hubble Space Telescope.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC3532.htm

The background emission nebulosity really makes the cluster stars stand out.  95x20 for Red??  Thanks for sharing.

Hi,