NGC 1829

This is an image of NGC 1829. It is an emission nebula about 160,000 light years away in the constellation Dorado. It is near the globular cluster NGC 1806, which can be seen in the lower left of the image. This image was captured and processed with Ha and OIII narrowband filters. I may add some RGB data for the stars later if I can get the data.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC1829_NB.htm

It’s a great combination of colorful nebula and a GC as well!