NGC 1333

This is an image of NGC 1333. It is a reflection nebula about 1,000 light years away in the constellation Perseus. The reflection nebula is the bright blue section in the middle of the image. Just to the left of the reflection nebula you can see bright red emission nebula formed by newly formed stars. NGC 1333 contains over a hundred star that are less than a million years old. Many are hidden from optical telescopes due to the dark nebula seen as the dark patches throughout the image. Some astronomers believe our sun may have formed in a cloud similar to this one over 4.5 billion years ago.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC1333.htm

Wow...one of the best images of this area that I have seen.  What really makes it stand out is the dusty background sky along with the highly resolved details in the core.  Thanks for sharing.

On Nov 22, 2020, at 12:38 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

This is an image of NGC 1333. It is a reflection nebula about 1,000 light years away in the constellation Perseus. The reflection nebula is the bright blue section in the middle of the image. Just to the left of the reflection nebula you can see bright red emission nebula formed by newly formed stars. NGC 1333 contains over a hundred star that are less than a million years old. Many are hidden from optical telescopes due to the dark nebula seen as the dark patches throughout the image. Some astronomers believe our sun may have formed in a cloud similar to this one over 4.5 billion years ago.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC1333.htm

Madhup Rathi

Beautiful

Madhup

On Nov 22, 2020, at 3:06 PM, Gregg Ruppel <ruppel0709@...> wrote:

[...]

As Gregg mentioned, this is one of the best N1333’s I’ve seen as well.

This is an image of NGC 1333. It is a reflection nebula about 1,000 light years away in the constellation Perseus. The reflection nebula is the bright blue section in the middle of the image. Just to the left of the reflection nebula you can see bright red emission nebula formed by newly formed stars. NGC 1333 contains over a hundred star that are less than a million years old. Many are hidden from optical telescopes due to the dark nebula seen as the dark patches throughout the image. Some astronomers believe our sun may have formed in a cloud similar to this one over 4.5 billion years ago.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC1333.htm

Chen Wu

Very nice color. Good job, Bernard!

I've been working on the data of the same target and wish to upload soon.

Chen

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 1:38 PM Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

This is an image of NGC 1333. It is a reflection nebula about 1,000 light years away in the constellation Perseus. The reflection nebula is the bright blue section in the middle of the image. Just to the left of the reflection nebula you can see bright red emission nebula formed by newly formed stars. NGC 1333 contains over a hundred star that are less than a million years old. Many are hidden from optical telescopes due to the dark nebula seen as the dark patches throughout the image. Some astronomers believe our sun may have formed in a cloud similar to this one over 4.5 billion years ago.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC1333.htm

Yours Truly,
Chen

Ben Chu Tang

Wow! Amazing color and details Bernard!

CS

Ben

On Nov 22, 2020, at 5:01 PM, Chen Wu <chenwu2004@...> wrote:

[...]

Brian Ottum

Is that fire and smoke, and blue sky? Great job!