Topics

NGC 1073 and friends

NGC 1073 is a small barred spiral about 55 million light-years distant; it is sometimes compared to our Milky Way.  There are lots of fainter background galaxies, including NGC 1032 near the right border in this image:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc1073-LRGB.jpg

Full res crop:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc1073-LRGBcrop.jpg

LRGB, a little over 11 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico

Great image. The processing is excellent with great color and resolution.

NGC 1073 is a small barred spiral about 55 million light-years distant; it is sometimes compared to our Milky Way. There are lots of fainter background galaxies, including NGC 1032 near the right border in this image:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc1073-LRGB.jpg

Full res crop:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc1073-LRGBcrop.jpg

LRGB, a little over 11 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico

Great detail on a small barred spiral, Gregg!