NGC4449 Galaxy , also known as Caldwell 21

Dean Glace

NGC4449, also known as Caldwell 21, is an irregular Magellanic type galaxy in the constellation Canes Venatici, being located about 12 million light-years away. It is part of the M94 Group or Canes Venatici I Group that is relatively close to the Local Group hosting our Milky Way galaxy. Its apparent magnitude is 10.

Telescope:  AstroTech 14RCT
Mount:       Planewave L350 on a wedge
Camera:    SBIG STT8300M CCD
Filters:       Baader LRGB 36mm round
Images:    48-  300 sec  2x2 binned   12 per color  total of 4 hours.

Dan Crowson

Nice work, Dean. I’m a fan of the irregular, magellanic and dwarf galaxies.

NGC4449, also known as Caldwell 21, is an irregular Magellanic type galaxy in the constellation Canes Venatici, being located about 12 million light-years away. It is part of the M94 Group or Canes Venatici I Group that is relatively close to the Local Group hosting our Milky Way galaxy. Its apparent magnitude is 10.

Telescope:  AstroTech 14RCT
Mount:       Planewave L350 on a wedge
Camera:    SBIG STT8300M CCD
Filters:       Baader LRGB 36mm round
Images:    48-  300 sec  2x2 binned   12 per color  total of 4 hours.

Gregg Ruppel

Nice...you even caught the tidal tail.   Here’s my wide field view

Thanks for sharing.

On May 6, 2021, at 4:52 PM, Dean Glace <icehouse1026@...> wrote:

NGC4449, also known as Caldwell 21, is an irregular Magellanic type galaxy in the constellation Canes Venatici, being located about 12 million light-years away. It is part of the M94 Group or Canes Venatici I Group that is relatively close to the Local Group hosting our Milky Way galaxy. Its apparent magnitude is 10.

Telescope:  AstroTech 14RCT
Mount:       Planewave L350 on a wedge
Camera:    SBIG STT8300M CCD
Filters:       Baader LRGB 36mm round
Images:    48-  300 sec  2x2 binned   12 per color  total of 4 hours.
<NGC4449-RGB.jpg>