Topics

May ASEM Digital SIG Meeting

Dan Crowson

I’m sending this to the DSNM group because Rick Steiling is a member imaging from the shared (1M) building.

The May Astronomical Society of Eastern Missouri Digital SIG (Imaging) Meeting will be held using Zoom on May 19th, 2020 from 7 PM CDT until ? I’ve scheduled the Zoom to start at 6:30 PM CDT so people can join early.

Steve Boerner will start the meeting with a talk about club outreach efforts using EAA (electronically assisted astronomy).

Rick Steiling will spend a good hour or more talking about PixInsight processing while going over his first light New Mexico image of M82. Rick's presentation will be fairly advanced and include the following:

•    Alternate ways to make and perfect masks: AtrousWaveletTransform, the MaskGen script, and CloneStamp

•    Using MultiscaleMedianTransformation to control background noise on hard stretches.

•    Using HDRMultiscaleTransform to bring detail to images with wide dynamic range.

•    Using LocalHistogramEqualization to highlight galactic detail

Feel free to forward this to other people but please do not post it on a public forum or website.

I hope to see you virtually there.

Dan Crowson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: May ASEM Digital SIG Meeting

Time: May 19, 2020 06:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89182310188?pwd=VWFwcjlCcCtYQXhFWVYzYVY2b1N6QT09

Meeting ID: 891 8231 0188

Password: 384411

One tap mobile

+19292056099,,89182310188#,,1#,384411# US (New York)

+13017158592,,89182310188#,,1#,384411# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location

        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)