M99 and friends

M99 is a bright face-on spiral galaxy in Coma Berenices.  It share a nice field of view with NGC 4302 and 4298 about 50 arcminutes to the northeast:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/m99_ngc4032-LRGB.jpg

1.3X crop of M99:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/m99-LRGBcrop.jpg

NGC 4302 and 4298 are both about 55 million light-years distant, and some recent data suggests a tidal bridge between the two.  Somehow, these two did not make it into Arp's catalog:
1.3X crop NGC 4302 and 4298:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc4302_4298-LRGBcrop.jpg

LRGB, 4.8 hours total exposure from DSNM

Great image. Excellent color and detail.

Bernard