Topics

M68 and M58

Here are two Messier objects which somehow escaped me for all these years:

M68 - globular cluster in Hydra:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/m68-LRGB.jpg
LRGB, 4 hours total exposure

M58 - Galaxy in Virgo:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/m58-LRGB.jpg
NGC 4568 and 4567 are the two interacting galaxies near the bottom; NGC 4564 is near the center.
LRGB, 6 hours total exposure

Joe Ziha

Great images, Gregg. I’ve missed them also. Going on the list.

Joe

On Apr 24, 2020, at 4:23 PM, Gregg Ruppel <ruppel0709@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all:
Here are two Messier objects which somehow escaped me for all these years:

M68 - globular cluster in Hydra:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/m68-LRGB.jpg
LRGB, 4 hours total exposure

M58 - Galaxy in Virgo:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/m58-LRGB.jpg
NGC 4568 and 4567 are the two interacting galaxies near the bottom; NGC 4564 is near the center.
LRGB, 6 hours total exposure

Great job Gregg. Nice detail on such small objects.