Topics

M64 - The Black Eye Galaxy

This is an image of M64, also known as the Black Eye Galaxy. It is a spiral galaxy about 17 million light years away in the constellation Coma Berenices. A dark band of dust around the central nucleus gives the galaxy its nickname.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://azstarman.net/CDK/M64.htm

Bernard,

This is really good. I’ve wanted to image this for a long time. I need to try to visit it.

This is an image of M64, also known as the Black Eye Galaxy. It is a spiral galaxy about 17 million light years away in the constellation Coma Berenices. A dark band of dust around the central nucleus gives the galaxy its nickname.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://azstarman.net/CDK/M64.htm

M64 has to be one of the strangest galaxies...you captured it perfectly.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi,