M53 & NGC5053

Gregg Ruppel

Hi all

These are two strikingly different globular clusters in Coma Berenices; M53 (Shapely-Sawyer Class V) and NGC 5053 (Shapley-Sawyer Class XI):

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/m53_ngc5053-LRGB.jpg

LRGB, 6 hours total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico.

Yizhou Zhang

Beautiful shot Gregg! Thanks for sharing.