M42 (The Orion Nebula) in narrowband

This is an image of M42, also known as the Orion Nebula. It is an emission nebula about 1,500 light years away in the constellation Orion. It is a slightly different take than my past versions of this nebula. It was captured with 12 individual subs of 30 seconds each for each RGB filter on a CDK24. I knew this would resolve the Trapezium very well but was not sure it would bring out detail in the outer nebula. I was quite happy with the result as there is a lot of detail in the outer nebula, not much noise,  and the Trapezium is resolved very nicely. I may try this again next year with my CDK17 and see if I get similar results.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/M42_TL.htm

Interesting what you can grab with 30 sec subs and 24” aperture!  Thanks for sharing.

Hi,