M1 - The Crab Nebula (7-filter images)

This is a series of images of M1, also known as the Crab Nebula. It is a supernova remnant about 6,500 light years away in the constellation Taurus. It was produced by the explosion of a star in 1054 AD which was cataloged by Chinese astronomers as a “guest star”. It was visible in the daytime sky for over a month. There is a neutron star at the center of the nebula that rotates about 30 times a second.

I have posted an LRGB image as well as SHO and HOO narrowband images.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/M1.htm

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/M1_SHO.htm

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/M1_HOO.htm

http://www.azstarman.net

Bernard,

Really nice. Love the close up view.

This is a series of images of M1, also known as the Crab Nebula. It is a supernova remnant about 6,500 light years away in the constellation Taurus. It was produced by the explosion of a star in 1054 AD which was cataloged by Chinese astronomers as a “guest star”. It was visible in the daytime sky for over a month. There is a neutron star at the center of the nebula that rotates about 30 times a second.

I have posted an LRGB image as well as SHO and HOO narrowband images.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/M1.htm

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/M1_SHO.htm

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/M1_HOO.htm

http://www.azstarman.net

You’ve really outdone yourself on this one...I like them all!  Thanks for sharing.

Hi,