Live Viewing Orion's Treasures - Jan 31 9pm EST

Brian Ottum

Fellow Astronomers,

FYI.

Like “Galaxies” earlier this month, I’m doing a live star party focused on Orion. 

Next Sunday night, January 31 we’ll be using the remote control telescope located in the desert in order to see LIVE images of all the good stuff in the constellation of Orion:

• Betelgeuse star (soon to go supernova!)
  • Orion Nebula (birthplace of stars)
  • Running Man Nebula (yes, it looks like that)
  • Horsehead Nebula (yes, it looks like that)
  • Rorschach Nebula (you’ll see why I gave it that name)

Along the way, you’ll see the backstory on the telescope and hear a bit of Greek mythology.  Be sure to use YouTube’s chat to type in questions, comments and heckling.

Feel free to forward to anyone who likes learning about space, telescopes and photography.

Here’s the link:

https://youtu.be/HYvRHKmHoKU

It’s going to be fun.

Brian

MJ Post

Brian - Would it be alright to post this announcement to our LAS club members?  I'd guess 25-30 might join.

MJ

On 01/24/2021 5:04 PM Brian Ottum <ottum@...> wrote:

Fellow Astronomers,

FYI.

Like “Galaxies” earlier this month, I’m doing a live star party focused on Orion. 

Next Sunday night, January 31 we’ll be using the remote control telescope located in the desert in order to see LIVE images of all the good stuff in the constellation of Orion:

Along the way, you’ll see the backstory on the telescope and hear a bit of Greek mythology.  Be sure to use YouTube’s chat to type in questions, comments and heckling.

Feel free to forward to anyone who likes learning about space, telescopes and photography.

Here’s the link:

It’s going to be fun.

Brian

Brian Ottum

MJ,

I this digital world, “the more, the merrier”.  YouTube can handle millions.  The only downside is less bandwidth to be heard in the Chat.

Brian

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io <DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io> On Behalf Of MJ Post
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2021 1:44 PM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DarkSkyNewMexico] Live Viewing Orion's Treasures - Jan 31 9pm EST

Brian - Would it be alright to post this announcement to our LAS club members?  I'd guess 25-30 might join.

MJ

On 01/24/2021 5:04 PM Brian Ottum <ottum@...> wrote:

Fellow Astronomers,

FYI.

Here’s the link:

It’s going to be fun.

Brian