Light to the south west last night?

Dan Crowson

We set our all-sky to capture more often last night for the meteor shower. Unfortunately, it was a dud. In reviewing it, there was a bright light from 9 PM until around 12:45 AM to the south west of our observatory. Anyone know what was going on?

Perhaps it was a Valley Telecom repair crew that caused the 5-min outage??  Just joking!

SQM readings were a bit low last night at 21.6.  NOAA's HRRR smoke forecast had a thin smoke plume passing over DSNM all night.

MJ

On 05/04/2021 10:32 AM Dan Crowson <dcrowson@...> wrote:

We set our all-sky to capture more often last night for the meteor shower. Unfortunately, it was a dud. In reviewing it, there was a bright light from 9 PM until around 12:45 AM to the south west of our observatory. Anyone know what was going on?

Dang!   Everyone on social media and the newspapers said it was going to be AMAZING!

We set our all-sky to capture more often last night for the meteor shower. Unfortunately, it was a dud. In reviewing it, there was a bright light from 9 PM until around 12:45 AM to the south west of our observatory. Anyone know what was going on?

Definitely not bigger than the moon!