LBN777 Baby Eagle Nebula

Ben Chu Tang

Hi there!

This is my very first image with DSNM. I have to say I’m very very impressed with the dark sky quality as well as the service here. Glad to join the community:D

https://astrob.in/cs2eth/0/

Michael Gratiot

Ben,

  Welcome to DSNM, this is a great image.  I love these dark nebulae.

Thanks,
Michael

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 7:52 PM Ben Chu Tang <tbcgeorge@...> wrote:

Hi there!

This is my very first image with DSNM. I have to say I’m very very impressed with the dark sky quality as well as the service here. Glad to join the community:D

https://astrob.in/cs2eth/0/

Gregg Ruppel

Very nice.  Rationale for setting your gains to 0?  Thanks for sharing.

On Nov 18, 2020, at 6:52 PM, Ben Chu Tang <tbcgeorge@...> wrote:

Hi there!

This is my very first image with DSNM. I have to say I’m very very impressed with the dark sky quality as well as the service here. Glad to join the community:D

https://astrob.in/cs2eth/0/

Ben Chu Tang

Thanks Michael!!

Clear skies

Ben Chu Tang

On Nov 18, 2020, at 9:28 PM, Michael Gratiot <mikethetechgeek@...> wrote:

Ben,

  Welcome to DSNM, this is a great image.  I love these dark nebulae.

Thanks,
Michael

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 7:52 PM Ben Chu Tang <tbcgeorge@...> wrote:

Hi there!

This is my very first image with DSNM. I have to say I’m very very impressed with the dark sky quality as well as the service here. Glad to join the community:D

https://astrob.in/cs2eth/0/

Ben Chu Tang

Thanks Gregg!

The reason is simple: we can take longer subs with gain 0, and reduce the volume of data by more than half:p

Of course we’re still testing different combinations, we’ll know better after a while.

Clear skies!

Ben Chu Tang

On Nov 18, 2020, at 9:50 PM, Gregg Ruppel <ruppel0709@...> wrote:

Very nice.  Rationale for setting your gains to 0?  Thanks for sharing.

On Nov 18, 2020, at 6:52 PM, Ben Chu Tang <tbcgeorge@...> wrote:

Hi there!

This is my very first image with DSNM. I have to say I’m very very impressed with the dark sky quality as well as the service here. Glad to join the community:D

https://astrob.in/cs2eth/0/

Bernard Miller

Welcome Ben. Great first image. Color and detail are great.

Bernard

This is my very first image with DSNM. I have to say I’m very very impressed with the dark sky quality as well as the service here. Glad to join the community:D

https://astrob.in/cs2eth/0/

Ben Chu Tang

Thank you Bernard! Glad to join you guys!

Best Regards,

Ben Chu Tang

On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 23:53, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Welcome Ben. Great first image. Color and detail are great.

Bernard

This is my very first image with DSNM. I have to say I’m very very impressed with the dark sky quality as well as the service here. Glad to join the community:D

https://astrob.in/cs2eth/0/

Madhup Rathi

Beautiful.