Topics

Imaging tonight

Is anyone considering opening up tonight? It is “clear”, but the haze from the smoke looks really bad on my camera. \I am interested in what are others doing?

Dean Glace

Bernard,

I am leaving my roof closed...Tried last night but had too much wind and haze that caused blotted stars.

Dean

On Sep 11, 2020, at 9:00 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone considering opening up tonight? It is “clear”, but the haze from the smoke looks really bad on my camera. \I am interested in what are others doing?

Wind seemed to die down a bit last night but some definitely impacted images. I took a look of binned RGB and then decided to point at an open cluster versus parking for the night.

Smoke is definitely still over DSNM tonight - https://fire.airnow.gov.

Wind seemed to die down a bit last night but some definitely impacted images. I took a look of binned RGB and then decided to point at an open cluster versus parking for the night.

Smoke is definitely still over DSNM tonight - https://fire.airnow.gov.

I am leaving my roof closed...Tried last night but had too much wind and haze that caused blotted stars.

Dean

On Sep 11, 2020, at 9:00 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone considering opening up tonight? It is “clear”, but the haze from the smoke looks really bad on my camera. \I am interested in what are others doing?

William McLaughlin

I have found that the best smoke real time visualization is the gecolor animation. It does not work at night but if you check in the afternoon you can see what is coming.

https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector_band.php?sat=G16&sector=sr&band=GEOCOLOR&length=240

As for us, we are now under the plume at home with outdoor visibility less than 1/4 mile - it is even smelling some in the house and thank heavens I bought some charcoal masks for smoke a couple years ago....

Attila Banto

Thank you for sharing. Best visual of the DSNM area I have seen so far. I have bookmarked the site and will use it on a daily basis.

😊

Attila B