Topics

IC 5332

This is an image of IC 5332. It is a face-on spiral galaxy about 39 million light years away in the constellation Sculptor. The galaxies around IC 5332 are actually due to a chance alignment with more distant galaxies. IC 5332 is part of the Sculptor group of galaxies, one of the closest galaxy groups to our Local Group.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/IC5332.htm

Excellent Bernard.  Looks like there should be some gravitational lensing going on...  Thanks for sharing.

Hi,