Topics

IC 443 - The Jellyfish Nebula in narrowband

This is an image of IC 443, also known as the Jellyfish nebula. It is a supernova remnant about 5,000 light years away in the constellation Gemini. It is believed this is the remains of a supernova that exploded between 3,000 and 30,000 years ago. It is believed to have created neutron star CXOU J061705.3+222127. This image was captured with 3nm narrowband filters and processed using the Hubble palette.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/IC443_NB.htm

Bernard:
I really like your rendition - almost looks 3D with NB channels and crisp resolution.  Thanks for sharing it.

Hi,