IC 405 - The Flaming Star Nebula

This is an image of IC 405, also known as the Flaming Star Nebula. It is an emission nebula about 1,500 light years away in the constellation Auriga. It surrounds star AE Auriga which can be seen in the center of the image. This star is suspected of being one ejected during the collision of two binary star groups near the Trapezium in the Orion nebula.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/IC405.htm

http://www.azstarman.net

I like it.  This is a tricky target because the “blue” reflection portions don’t look like the prototypical reflection nebulae.  I think you’ve captured the unusual color quite well.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi,