From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io <DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gregg Ruppel
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 6:37 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] IC 1396

Hi all:

IC 1396 A & B, along with vdB142 make up what it commonly called the "Elephant's Trunk Nebula". This was a target that I had not imaged for about 5 years, so I revisited it during the last new moon period:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ic1396-HaLRGB.jpg

HaLRGB, a little over 20 hours total exposure, from Dark Sky New Mexico

Excellent image. Great color and detail.

IC 1396 A & B, along with vdB142 make up what it commonly called the "Elephant's Trunk Nebula". This was a target that I had not imaged for about 5 years, so I revisited it during the last new moon period:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ic1396-HaLRGB.jpg

HaLRGB, a little over 20 hours total exposure, from Dark Sky New Mexico

Thanks Brian.  I am heading in the OSC direction myself, just got an ASI294MC Pro, and as soon as Mars moves away I am going to start using it for some DSOs.

On 10/20/2020 4:36 PM, Brian Ottum wrote:
Greg,
That is a very good Trunk. It just so happens I uploaded mine to Instagram a couple days ago:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGgLOpJjg7L/

They do look quite similar, despite quite different equipment. One-shot color, 5 hrs total.

IC 1396 A & B, along with vdB142 make up what it commonly called the "Elephant's Trunk Nebula". This was a target that I had not imaged for about 5 years, so I revisited it during the last new moon period:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ic1396-HaLRGB.jpg

HaLRGB, a little over 20 hours total exposure, from Dark Sky New Mexico

That full frame cooled CMOS OSC caught my eye, mated to a 14" f/2.2 RASA. If I could get a partner, that would be the ultimate rig for live online shows.

IC 1396 A & B, along with vdB142 make up what it commonly called the "Elephant's Trunk Nebula". This was a target that I had not imaged for about 5 years, so I revisited it during the last new moon period:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ic1396-HaLRGB.jpg

HaLRGB, a little over 20 hours total exposure, from Dark Sky New
Mexico

Brian,

That would be a great setup for neo work as well. The only issue could be if you can get it connected without tilt if you want to do pretty picture work.

Dan Crowson dcrowson@...
Dardenne Prairie MO http://www.crowson.com

That full frame cooled CMOS OSC caught my eye, mated to a 14" f/2.2 RASA. If I could get a partner, that would be the ultimate rig for live online shows.

IC 1396 A & B, along with vdB142 make up what it commonly called the "Elephant's Trunk Nebula". This was a target that I had not imaged for about 5 years, so I revisited it during the last new moon period:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ic1396-HaLRGB.jpg

HaLRGB, a little over 20 hours total exposure, from Dark Sky New
Mexico

Madhup Rathi

Very cool!