Topics

Horsehead IC 434

MJ Post

Here's another "first" image with the PW, more low-hanging fruit!  Bright star Alnitak causes a lot of grief on this target, as you all know.  This was one position I found without major internal reflections. Straight RGB, 1 hour each color.

I'd appreciate suggestions on how to better post images to the DSNM community, and costs involved, vs. what I'm doing here (attaching files).  I know that's not good etiquette!

M.J. Post

Dan Crowson

Looks good.

I think most people use Astrobin, imgur or flickr and then post links. I don’t see a lot of issues with posting images as attachments here assuming you’re not attaching a 20 meg tiff.

Dan

----          
Dan Crowson                          dcrowson@...
Dardenne Prairie MO               http://www.crowson.com

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io [mailto:DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io] On Behalf Of MJ Post
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2020 9:10 PM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] Horsehead IC 434

Here's another "first" image with the PW, more low-hanging fruit!  Bright star Alnitak causes a lot of grief on this target, as you all know.  This was one position I found without major internal reflections. Straight RGB, 1 hour each color.

I'd appreciate suggestions on how to better post images to the DSNM community, and costs involved, vs. what I'm doing here (attaching files).  I know that's not good etiquette!

M.J. Post