GUM 15

This is an image of GUM 15. It is an emission nebula about 3,000 light years away in the constellation Vela. The blueish whisps are the result of scattering blue light from the bright double star HD 74804, in the middle of the nebula.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/GUM15.htm

http://www.azstarman.net

Beautiful job Bernard.  Perfect size for your gear down south.

I wish this object was more accessible from DSNM.  I can't see much below -28 deg DEC because of the building rim.

MJ

On 04/20/2021 5:39 PM Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

This is an image of GUM 15. It is an emission nebula about 3,000 light years away in the constellation Vela. The blueish whisps are the result of scattering blue light from the bright double star HD 74804, in the middle of the nebula.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/GUM15.htm

http://www.azstarman.net

Wow...that’s what I would call filling the frame!  Thanks for sharing.

Hi,