Gemini Planetary NGC 2371

MJ Post

I'm having some success using OPT's quad narrowband filter on planetary nebulae.  Here's the result of eight 600-sec unguided subs on NGC 2371 between Castor and Pollux in Gemini, taken last week at DSNM with the CDK14 scope and an ASI 6200MC one-shot-color camera.

The planetary is also known as the Double Bubble nebula, a catchy name!  This image is severely cropped from my 0.5-deg-wide frame;  the nebula itself spans just 45 arc seconds.  Deconvolution and PI's HDRMT process helped considerably.

M.J. Post

Brian Ottum

A fine job, MJ.

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io <DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io> On Behalf Of MJ Post
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 2:18 PM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] Gemini Planetary NGC 2371

I'm having some success using OPT's quad narrowband filter on planetary nebulae.  Here's the result of eight 600-sec unguided subs on NGC 2371 between Castor and Pollux in Gemini, taken last week at DSNM with the CDK14 scope and an ASI 6200MC one-shot-color camera.

The planetary is also known as the Double Bubble nebula, a catchy name!  This image is severely cropped from my 0.5-deg-wide frame;  the nebula itself spans just 45 arc seconds.  Deconvolution and PI's HDRMT process helped considerably.

M.J. Post

Dan Crowson

Pretty cool and holds up to the crop.

Dan

----          
Dan Crowson                          dcrowson@...
Dardenne Prairie MO               http://www.crowson.com

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io [mailto:DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io] On Behalf Of MJ Post
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 1:18 PM

M.J. Post

Joe Ziha

Very nice, MJ

Joe

On Apr 15, 2021, at 2:20 PM, Dan Crowson <dcrowson@...> wrote:

Pretty cool and holds up to the crop.

Dan
----           
Dan Crowson                          dcrowson@...
Dardenne Prairie MO               http://www.crowson.com

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io [mailto:DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io] On Behalf Of MJ Post
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 1:18 PM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] Gemini Planetary NGC 2371

M.J. Post 

Bernard Miller

M.J.

Beautiful image. Very slightly noisy, but that is to be expected with only 80 minutes of exposure, and it is way better than I would have expected for that exposure time. Very nicely done.

Bernard

Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 11:18 AM

M.J. Post

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com