Comet c2020 R4 ATLAS

C2020 R4 ATLAS is a morning comet low in the east in Aquila, shining at about magnitude 9.  It may get a little brighter within the next few weeks as it approaches withing 0.46 au:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/c2020-R4--ATLAS_032821.jpg

Cropped, inverted, green filter:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/c2020-R4--ATLAS_032821crop_inv.jpg

LRGB, 56 minutes total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico.

Beautiful as always. What setup do you use for your comet pictures?

C2020 R4 ATLAS is a morning comet low in the east in Aquila, shining at about magnitude 9. It may get a little brighter within the next few weeks as it approaches withing 0.46 au:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/c2020-R4--ATLAS_032821.jpg

Cropped, inverted, green filter:
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/c2020-R4--ATLAS_032821crop_inv.jpg

LRGB, 56 minutes total exposure from Dark Sky New Mexico.

Hi Bernard
Same as for DSOs...10” ASA astrograph, f/3.75. For these small comets I typically use a subframe of the middle 50% of the full frame chip (STL 11000M).

Gregg,