Cederblad 51 & Barnard 32 Region in Lambda Orionis

Min Xie

This was the second target I imaged at DSNM last November. It's a wonderful target for blending the emission signals with the dust clouds.

I've shared a couple of versions of different blending methods and some of my thoughts.

https://www.astrobin.com/z7dioc/

Cheers, and stay safe!
-Min from Dallas, TX

Dan Crowson

Min,

Really nice. I’m a bit old school and find the classic LRGB really great.

This was the second target I imaged at DSNM last November. It's a wonderful target for blending the emission signals with the dust clouds.

I've shared a couple of versions of different blending methods and some of my thoughts.

https://www.astrobin.com/z7dioc/

Cheers, and stay safe!
-Min from Dallas, TX

MJ Post

Beautiful work!  I prefer small stars, as in your final result.  You have motivated me to image this region - it is indeed quite interesting and varied.  Thanks for posting.

MJ Post

On 01/02/2021 8:51 PM Min Xie <minxie.dallas@...> wrote:

This was the second target I imaged at DSNM last November. It's a wonderful target for blending the emission signals with the dust clouds.

I've shared a couple of versions of different blending methods and some of my thoughts.

https://www.astrobin.com/z7dioc/

Cheers, and stay safe!
-Min from Dallas, TX

William McLaughlin

Very nice.

I did a smaller part of that area earlier this year with LRGB.

https://www.astrobin.com/bw6szj/0/

I do like the smaller stars and better nebular detail so I might look into adding some Ha.

Min
Very nice all.  I usually do multiple iterations as well, but only post one.  I need to add this area to my target list.   Thanks for sharing.