Topics

APOD from DSNM

Howard Anderson

And now I'm wondering how you knew those shells
might be there.  I don't see anything on the internet
suggesting the existence of such things.

I wonder what else is out there that we haven't
noticed yet...

Again truly brilliant...

Thanks,

Howard

Howard Anderson handy13@... [DarkSkyNewMexico] wrote:

Congratulations Mark!  Brilliant!

Thanks,

Howard

markh@... [DarkSkyNewMexico] wrote:

Well, I woke up this morning to the computer rebooting in the middle of a run last night at DSNM, no harm done... then took a look at AOPD and We finally got one! This is the first APOD from DSNM or Rancho Hidalgo, that's a lot of work to get one of these!!!  Since summer of 2011.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Hanson

Thanks all its very cool!

Now, How did I know this? I didn’t but someone did Sakib Rasool said that David Malin had done some deep work on this back in 1985 but no deep color image.  J

Mark

[...]

Hi Mark,

So it really is pretty much is a "first."  Well done!

Thanks,

Howard