Anyone have a Paramount MX/MYT 48V Power Supply on site?

Dan Crowson

My MX+ failed last night. The power supply appears to be working – putting out 48V – but not lights on the MX+. Anyone have a spare PS I could quickly try? Even one powering a mount that isn’t wire-tied that could be grabbed, tested and put back?

I have a bad feeling this is the MKS 5000 board. Long shot, but anyone have one of those?

Tom Carrico

Dan,
I have an MX+. I think the cord is through the pier, but should be easy to get at. It is in the larger bldg at the east end of the site. Call me if you have a question. 541 740 7104
-Tom

The universe is not unfair, it is just not interested.

On Jan 27, 2021, at 2:36 PM, Dan Crowson <dcrowson@...> wrote:

My MX+ failed last night. The power supply appears to be working – putting out 48V – but not lights on the MX+. Anyone have a spare PS I could quickly try? Even one powering a mount that isn’t wire-tied that could be grabbed, tested and put back?

I have a bad feeling this is the MKS 5000 board. Long shot, but anyone have one of those?

Thanks Tom. Al’s going to do some more testing for me before we try something else. I’ll let you know if we decide to try it (saves buying a $125 replacement from Software Bisque – most be shipped in a gold box) if ends up being the board.

I appreciate it.