Antennae Redux

The recent spate of clouds and the waxing moon prompted me to go back and reprocess some data from 5 years ago.  NGC 4038 and 4039, also Arp 244 or the "Antennae Galaxies" deserved a second look since some new software and processing techniques have become available since the original data was collected:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc4038_4039-LRGB_2021.jpg

LRGB, 10.7 hours total exposure.

Nice work, Gregg.

Also see today's APOD for a closer view of this same pair. Martin Pugh (?) data processed by Bernard Miller.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap210327.html

Dan Crowson dcrowson@crowson.com
Dardenne Prairie MO http://www.crowson.com

The recent spate of clouds and the waxing moon prompted me to go back and reprocess some data from 5 years ago. NGC 4038 and 4039, also Arp
244 or the "Antennae Galaxies" deserved a second look since some new software and processing techniques have become available since the original data was collected:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc4038_4039-LRGB_2021.jpg

LRGB, 10.7 hours total exposure.

I am glad I got my version in before yours or today's APOD might have been yours. Great job.

The recent spate of clouds and the waxing moon prompted me to go back and reprocess some data from 5 years ago. NGC 4038 and 4039, also Arp
244 or the "Antennae Galaxies" deserved a second look since some new software and processing techniques have become available since the original data was collected:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc4038_4039-LRGB_2021.jpg

LRGB, 10.7 hours total exposure.

Kind of odd that I posted my rehashed image the same day you scored an APOD!

On Mar 27, 2021, at 3:47 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@cox.net> wrote:

Gregg,

I am glad I got my version in before yours or today's APOD might have been yours. Great job.

The recent spate of clouds and the waxing moon prompted me to go back and reprocess some data from 5 years ago. NGC 4038 and 4039, also Arp
244 or the "Antennae Galaxies" deserved a second look since some new software and processing techniques have become available since the original data was collected:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc4038_4039-LRGB_2021.jpg

LRGB, 10.7 hours total exposure.

Gregg and Bernard - Beautiful renditions of a spectacular object. Congratulations to both of you!

MJ

On 03/27/2021 5:20 PM Gregg Ruppel <ruppel0709@gmail.com> wrote:

Kind of odd that I posted my rehashed image the same day you scored an APOD!

On Mar 27, 2021, at 3:47 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@cox.net> wrote:

Gregg,

I am glad I got my version in before yours or today's APOD might have been yours. Great job.

The recent spate of clouds and the waxing moon prompted me to go back and reprocess some data from 5 years ago. NGC 4038 and 4039, also Arp
244 or the "Antennae Galaxies" deserved a second look since some new software and processing techniques have become available since the original data was collected:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc4038_4039-LRGB_2021.jpg

LRGB, 10.7 hours total exposure.

Great minds think alike :-)

On Mar 27, 2021, at 4:20 PM, Gregg Ruppel <ruppel0709@gmail.com> wrote:

Kind of odd that I posted my rehashed image the same day you scored an APOD!

On Mar 27, 2021, at 3:47 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@cox.net> wrote:

Gregg,

I am glad I got my version in before yours or today's APOD might have been yours. Great job.

The recent spate of clouds and the waxing moon prompted me to go back and reprocess some data from 5 years ago. NGC 4038 and 4039, also Arp
244 or the "Antennae Galaxies" deserved a second look since some new software and processing techniques have become available since the original data was collected:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc4038_4039-LRGB_2021.jpg

LRGB, 10.7 hours total exposure.

Howard Anderson

Hi Bernard,