NGC 7538

This is an image of NGC 7538. It is an emission nebula about 9,100 light years away in the constellation Cepheus. It is an active star forming region with the largest known protostar measuring about 300 times the size of our solar system. This nebula is often overlooked due its proximity to the more famous Bubble Nebula.

Thanks for looking and comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC7538.htm

Nicely processed, Bernard.  Your colors match what I got in a wide field view a few years back:

http://greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/ngc7538-HaRGB.jpg

On Oct 17, 2021, at 4:01 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

This is an image of NGC 7538. It is an emission nebula about 9,100 light years away in the constellation Cepheus. It is an active star forming region with the largest known protostar measuring about 300 times the size of our solar system. This nebula is often overlooked due its proximity to the more famous Bubble Nebula.

Thanks for looking and comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC7538.htm

Bernard,

Really nice. This is the small one next to the bubble that is very bright if I remember right.