M95

Gregg Ruppel

Excelllent!  The Ha really makes this one stand out.  Thanks for sharing.

On Apr 5, 2021, at 8:37 AM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

This is an image of M95. It is a barred spiral galaxy about 33 million light years away in the constellation Leo. It has an inner ring surrounding the central bar which is an active star forming region. You can see this in the subtle magenta hues caused by the addition of Ha data.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/M95.htm

http://www.azstarman.net

Bernard,

Really nice.

I noticed you used binned Ha. How is that working out? I tend to use the Ha at 1x1 for my HaRGB images, but it might be something worthwhile for some of my galaxies that I could go back and integrate it into the LRGB.