Seein

Did anyone but me get horrible results last night. Some of my subs had FWHM of 5. Clear skies said the seeing was supposed to be average. Did anyone else get bad results or is it just me?

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/index.html

Dean Glace

Bernard,

Same for me last night. 5-6s here also. Bad night..It looked like a haze in the images.

Dean

On Jan 14, 2021, at 9:14 AM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

Did anyone but me get horrible results last night. Some of my subs had FWHM of 5. Clear skies said the seeing was supposed to be average. Did anyone else get bad results or is it just me?

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/index.html

Frederick Steiling

Hi Bernard,

I actually didn't even bother powering up last night.  ClearOutside (usually my go-to for astro weather) had pretty strong predictions for high clouds last night, which seems to correlate well with what you experienced.

Rick

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 10:14 AM Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

Did anyone but me get horrible results last night. Some of my subs had FWHM of 5. Clear skies said the seeing was supposed to be average. Did anyone else get bad results or is it just me?

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/index.html

Frederick Steiling
Mobile: 314.363.7009

Yizhou Zhang

OMG same here. Forecast said averaged seeing and I believed. Last night was horrible.

Did anyone but me get horrible results last night. Some of my subs had FWHM of 5. Clear skies said the seeing was supposed to be average. Did anyone else get bad results or is it just me?

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/index.html

Bernard,

It was terrible last night. A first for me, I just turn my setup off rather than even letting it take exposures hoping to get a few. This is the worst I’ve encountered since installing equipment here. I would add that it was pretty much 100% thin clouds last night, too so that didn’t help.

Did anyone but me get horrible results last night. Some of my subs had FWHM of 5. Clear skies said the seeing was supposed to be average. Did anyone else get bad results or is it just me?

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/index.html

Thanks everyone. I thought for a moment there was something wrong with my equipment. The weird thing is usually when the seeing is this bad, my guiding is all over the place, but last night not so much.