M74

This is an image of M74. It is a face on spiral galaxy about 32 million light years away in the constellation Pisces. It contains two clearly defined spiral arms and is sometimes called the perfect or prototypical spiral galaxy. It is similar in size to the Milky Way galaxy at 95,000 light years in diameter and is estimated to contain over 100 billion stars.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/M74.htm

One of my favorite targets.  I don’t recall seeing many images that include the Ha. This really adds to your rendition.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi,