Internet issues

I could use some help from the group. I have a real head scratcher going on.

  1. I cannot access my video controller or my power controller remotely.
    1. I have tried 4 different computers on two different networks with no luck.
  2. Though I cannot access these devices, others can. Howard and Jim Collins were able to access my video feed. Can each of you try accessing 206.128.69.5:4301 and let me know if you can see my video feed.
  3. I cannot Remote Desktop to my computer, but I can TeamViewer into it.
    1. Once I am connected to the DSNM computer via TeamViewer, I can then access my video and power controllers.
  4. I have tried restarting my computer and restarting the router. Neither worked.

If any of you have any ideas I would love to hear them. This is just weird beyond words, especially the fact I have tried on four different computers on two different networks and yet others can access my video controller.

Dean Glace

Bernard,

I can see you feed from Summerville SC..

Dean

On Aug 20, 2020, at 9:53 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Madhup Rathi

Yes. I can see your video feed.

Madhup

On Aug 20, 2020, at 9:55 PM, Dean Glace <icehouse1026@...> wrote:

[...]

Make sure your internet provider hasn’t implemented some restriction on the sites you can access.  I had a similar problem earlier this year when Xfinity graciously implemented their “advanced security” which blocked me from accessing my computer at DSNM.  It took some time for me to figure out how to disable the extra protection.

On Aug 20, 2020, at 6:53 PM, Bernard Miller <bgmiller011@...> wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Howard Anderson

Hi all,

I worked with Bernard briefly this morning around11 AM when he called.

I suggested that he use his cell phone as a "hot spot" and connect
his computer to that instead of his COX cable.

He did that and reported that that solved the problem!
So I told him he now had proof that it was a COX problem.

He called me back a little later and reported that when he
disconnected from his hot-spot and reconnected
to his COX cable that the COX problem was solved!

So I mention this mainly to provide you with a way to test if you
should ever have a similar problem.

Bernard is now able to work as he used to...

And yes...  This was really weird...

Thanks,

Howard

Hi,