NGC 5068

This is an image of NGC 5068. It is a face-on barred spiral galaxy about 22 million light years away in the constellation Virgo. It is over 45,000 light years in diameter and has many active star forming regions as evidenced by the many visible magenta HII regions.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC5068.htm

Very nice coloring.  Reminds me of a firework with follow-on fizzlers

This is an image of NGC 5068. It is a face-on barred spiral galaxy about 22 million light years away in the constellation Virgo. It is over 45,000 light years in diameter and has many active star forming regions as evidenced by the many visible magenta HII regions.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC5068.htm

Excellent.  The addition of the Ha really sets this one apart.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi,