NGC 6744

This is an image of NGC 6744. It is a spiral galaxy about 30 million light years away in the constellation Pavo. It is thought to be one of the most Milky Way-like spiral galaxies in our immediate vicinity, with flocculent (fluffy) arms and an elongated core. It also has at least one distorted companion galaxy (NGC 6744A). This image represents almost 50 hours of combined Ha and LRGB exposures taken in Australia and Chile in 2018 and 2020, respecively.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/NGC6744.htm

Excellent colors, Bernard, and I like the clear “bar” nucleus in a contrasting gold color.