Neowise not from DSNM

William McLaughlin <IC5070@...>

Edited

Since lots of folks seem to be posting their Neowise images, and many were not taken from DSNM, I figured I might as well post my version, taken on Tuesday night from near my house in Oregon.

Neowise 200 mm Oregon

Wow!!! That's the best image I have seen to date.  How long were your subs, and how did you stack them?

On 7/16/2020 7:42 PM, William McLaughlin wrote:

Since lots of folks seem to be posting their Neowise images, and many were not taken from DSNM, I figured I might as well post my version, taken on Tuesday night from near my house in Oregon.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/62gxt1/0/

William McLaughlin <IC5070@...>

Canon 5D Mark III, 25 second subs at ISO 1250, 25 total. Tracking on the iOptron tracker.  Lens was the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L at 200mm and f2.8.

Processed in Pixinsight using a whole bunch of different processes, including the comet registration method to align the coma as well as ArcSin stretch, LHE and a few others.

Finished in
Photoshop to clean up residual gradients and color casts...

William,

That is a big-league image. Nice job.

Bernard

Since lots of folks seem to be posting their Neowise images, and many were not taken from DSNM, I figured I might as well post my version, taken on Tuesday night from near my house in Oregon.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/62gxt1/0/

Madhup Rathi

Agree- really good….

Wow!!! That's the best image I have seen to date.  How long were your subs, and how did you stack them?

On 7/16/2020 7:42 PM, William McLaughlin wrote:

Since lots of folks seem to be posting their Neowise images, and many were not taken from DSNM, I figured I might as well post my version, taken on Tuesday night from near my house in Oregon.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/62gxt1/0/

Howard Anderson

Wow!  Truly excellent.  Better than many
images that were taken in the past of Hale-Bopp...

Thanks,

Howard

On 7/17/2020 16:40, Madhup Rathi wrote:

Agree- really good….