Topics

SH2-142 - The Wizard Nebula in narrowband

This is an image of SH2-142, also known as the Wizard Nebula. It is a diffuse nebula surrounding open cluster NGC 7380. It is about 7,200 light years away in the constellation Cepheus and spans about 140x75 light years. This image was taken and processed using 3nm narrowband filters and processed using the Hubble palate, with RGB data for the stars.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://azstarman.net/CDK/SH142_NB.htm

You’ve really nailed it on this one...great resolution and great colors.  One of the best I’ve seen.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi,