Topics

Finally operational

William McLaughlin

Edited

We are finally operational. It should have happened it October but numerous things kept getting in the way. We still have a few things that need to be done like our low-light (non-IR) monitoring IP camera install but the system is at least operational as of last night.  Hope to have an actual image soon, weather permitting.  Here is a (not great) photo of our relatively modest system.

Bill-Tom System
--
My images can be found at:

and

Gregg Ruppel

Congrats on getting all set up.  Is there an OAG in there somewhere or is the piggy-backed system also a guider?
Clear skies,

Gregg
Visit my astronomy & astrophotography site
http://www.greggsastronomy.com/
On 1/19/2020 7:48 AM, William McLaughlin wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

We are finally operational. It should have happened it October but numerous things kept getting in the way. We still have a few things that need to be done like our low-light (non-IR) monitoring IP camera install but the system is at least operational as of last night.  Hope to have an actual image soon, weather permitting.  Here is a (not great) photo of our relatively modest system.

Bill-Tom System
--

and

William McLaughlin

There is no OAG on the piggyback system since it is a 200mm Canon camera lens so there would not be enough back-focus. There is a mini-guidescope/guide camera (can't see it on the image as it is on the other side) but our tests have shown that with our polar alignment and pro-track we can do 15 minutes unguided so we will not be using the glidescope much. Camera (QSI 690) and lens are Tom's but I built the system.  Better benchtop build photo is here, you can see the rings for the mini-guidescope:

200 mm on Bench

--

and

Dan Crowson

Nice looking setup. Glad you’re up and running.

Dan

----          
Dan Crowson                          dcrowson@...
Dardenne Prairie MO               http://www.crowson.com

From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io [mailto:DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io] On Behalf Of William McLaughlin
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2020 8:49 AM
To: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] Finally operational

[Edited Message Follows]

Bill-Tom System
--

and