From: DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io On Behalf Of Gregg Ruppel
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2019 10:46 AM
To: EurekaObsClub@groups.io; main@STLAstronomy.groups.io; ASEMDigitalSIG <ASEMDigitalSIG@groups.io>; taaaforum@...; DSNM <DarkSkyNewMexico@groups.io>
Subject: [DarkSkyNewMexico] Comet I2 Borisov

Hi all:

The "interstellar" comet I2 Borisov has brightened a bit and now has a defined tail:

http://www.greggsastronomy.com/IMAGES/I2-Borisov_LRGB_112319.jpg

LRGB, 40 minutes total exposure

William McLaughlin

Very nice. I had a shot at it from home in Oregon a couple nights ago and found it but the weather here shut me down. We are still not up and running at DSNM but should be in early December.

Interestingly, for those with TSX systems, until just a week or so ago TSX would not accept Borisov because they had not allowed for eccentricities above 2. They finally fixed that oversight with a daily update.

Dan Crowson

That TheSkyX issue was pretty common across the majority of planetarium programs. Now that the update for Windows has been pushed out, we can track on it (there were work-arounds when not tracking) but this is the last new moon cycle (until the moon comes up in the morning) to catch it before it is probably too low for us in the northern hemisphere. The forecast doesn’t look real promising.

Very nice. I had a shot at it from home in Oregon a couple nights ago and found it but the weather here shut me down. We are still not up and running at DSNM but should be in early December.

Interestingly, for those with TSX systems, until just a week or so ago TSX would not accept Borisov because they had not allowed for eccentricities above 2. They finally fixed that oversight with a daily update.

Gregg Ruppel

I have been using The Sky Live since my planetarium program doesn’t support eccentricities greater than 3:

You can generate an ephemeral for your location and desired time...

On Nov 23, 2019, at 3:59 PM, William McLaughlin <IC5070@...> wrote:

Very nice. I had a shot at it from home in Oregon a couple nights ago and found it but the weather here shut me down. We are still not up and running at DSNM but should be in early December.

Interestingly, for those with TSX systems, until just a week or so ago TSX would not accept Borisov because they had not allowed for eccentricities above 2. They finally fixed that oversight with a daily update.

Madhup Rathi

Nice.....