Topics

47 Tucanae

This is an image of 47 Tucanae. It is a globular cluster about 13,000 light years away in the constellation Tucana. It is about 120 light years in diameter and is the second brightest globular cluster next to Omega Centauri, and has a bright dense core. I had to blend in 30 second exposures to get the core to resolve.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/TUCANAE47.htm

Perfect!  Thanks for sharing.

On 10/16/2020 10:20 AM, Bernard Miller wrote:

Hi,

This is an image of 47 Tucanae. It is a globular cluster about 13,000 light years away in the constellation Tucana. It is about 120 light years in diameter and is the second brightest globular cluster next to Omega Centauri, and has a bright dense core. I had to blend in 30 second exposures to get the core to resolve.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/TUCANAE47.htm

Spectacular!

Is it so great because it is so big or so close or a combination?

This is an image of 47 Tucanae. It is a globular cluster about 13,000 light years away in the constellation Tucana. It is about 120 light years in diameter and is the second brightest globular cluster next to Omega Centauri, and has a bright dense core. I had to blend in 30 second exposures to get the core to resolve.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/TUCANAE47.htm

Brian,

Probably a little of both but since it is second only to Omega Centauri, it must be pretty big.

Bernard

Is it so great because it is so big or so close or a combination?

This is an image of 47 Tucanae. It is a globular cluster about 13,000 light years away in the constellation Tucana. It is about 120 light years in diameter and is the second brightest globular cluster next to Omega Centauri, and has a bright dense core. I had to blend in 30 second exposures to get the core to resolve.

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

http://www.azstarman.net/CDK/TUCANAE47.htm

Joe Ziha

Excellent image!  Great processing!